The Brick Cave Podcast is a production of Brick Cave Media and continues the tradition of audio production that extends back to the founding of Brick Cave.
With episodes each month hosted by a variety of Brick Cave Talent, you are sure to stay entertained, informed and engaged in your podcast subscription. There are even opportunities for you to submit your work to be read/discussed on an episode. Got a question for the hosts? Send us an email to
Become a Subscriber
About The Show Episodes/Segments
Bob Nelson, or “The Bobisodes”
He’s just plain crazy. Filmmaker, poet, author, publisher, former coffee house owner, Internet radio voice since 1999, event organizer, director of a book festival and a writer’s conference and general all around annoyance, Bob Nelson leverages his ADD as best he can to run a non profit (Anthology, inc.), Brick Cave Media and Proxima Emporium while simultaneously providing logistical support to super heroes in his home of Mesa, AZ.
He doesn’t think he’s won any awards, at least none that he can remember- well, except that the poetry slam he founded won Best Poetry Event in Phoenix in 2002- but that was in spite of him he suspects. We’d link to his website, but he spends all his time working on this one, so we’ll just say – welcome to Bob’s website.
Bruce Davis & Sharon Skinner Episodes
Brick Cave Authors Sharon Skinner and Bruce Davis host a monthly episode of the Podcast for their nefarious fiction purposes to talk about craft, their works in progress or news in the publishing world.
Submit for the “First Words” Segment
First Words is the segment of the show where Bruce and Sharon each select the first page of someone’s work, read it on air, and discuss it with feedback. Using the Consolidated Brick Cave Submission Form (BCSF), submitters are asked to submit a single PDF file meeting the requirements below:
1st Page, Cover Letter.
Contact information should be on cover letter. This information is not read on the air, posted in the episode description or discussed.
Indicate the following in your cover letter: Does Brick Cave have permission to list and link to your web presence. Brick Cave will not link to email addresses or provide any additional contact information of the submitter in the broadcast or it’s description.
2nd Page, The First Page.
This should be a single page, double spaced.
Additional Requirements & Guidelines:
- You may submit ONE first page per month.
- There is no guarantee that your work will be read, and the chosen works will not be announced in advance.
- The submitter must have the rights to submit the work in question.
- The submitter understand that the work may be read and discussed in a context OTHER than the submitter may have originally intended. If the submitter is concerned about the reception of their work and it’s discussion, we advise AGAINST submitting to this segment.
- The submitter is also providing permission for the work to be read, recorded and distributed as part of the Podcast.
- If it has been a full month and your work was not read, consider it not chosen and submit a new work. We do not suggest submitting the same work again.
- No Personal Information, aside from the name of the submitter, is spoken on air or presented in the episode description. Link to a web presence will be provided if allowed by the submitter.