Brick Cave Fictioneers
Brick Cave Fictioneers is a great way to introduce yourself to Brick Cave. A part of the BC Book Club, reading the stories of the Fictioneers is an exclusive benefit to our subscribed members.
Each month, authors are invited to submit an up to 2,500 word micro fiction prose piece in the Science Fiction/Fantasy genres. Brick Cave staff then read and select one submission and with a picture of the author, bio and a link to the author’s website, the piece is published for the BC Book Club to read and enjoy.
To be able to read each month’s entry, Join the BC Book Club as a Sapphire or Diamond Dragon Member: Join Here.
Submissions are now being accepted digitally through the Consolidated Brick Cave Submission Form (BCSF). Submitting authors are asked to confirm that they have read and adhered to the guidelines below.
Meeting the requirements below, submitters are asked to submit a single PDF file that contains all elements of the submission. The BCSF does not allow file formats other than PDF, and incomplete submissions, or submissions that fail to meet the guidelines below will not be considered.
1st Page, Cover Letter, including:
- Relevant information about the full manuscript (words, etc.)
- Contact information for the author
Following Pages: Complete Submission
- Text of your file should be double spaced.
- Contact information should be on cover letter, and name and title should appear on all pages of manuscript.
- No simultaneous submissions
- Agent-ed submissions OK.
- Previously published works will not be considered.
- Work may receive edits prior to publication for grammar, spelling and light word usage.
Brick Cave Requests First Serial Rights
- Brick Cave Media LLC. Asks for First Serial Rights for use of the story to be published online at the Brick Cave Book Club (BCBookClub.com) web portal.
- The story will only be available to read by “Tier 2” (Paying or Guest) or above subscribers. Tier 2 is currently labelled as the “Sapphire Dragon” level of membership.
- Brick Cave Media asks for a period of 1 year to be the exclusive publisher of the work in any format.
- Brick Cave asks for the right to choose to published the work in a physical Anthology in Paperback and/or Hard Bound formats. Should Brick Cave choose to exercise this right, Brick Cave agrees to provide an additional payment of $50 to the author, and 5 physical copies of the work created. Brick Cave agrees to notify the author of this intention prior to the completion of the first year of publication, and further agrees to complete the work in a reasonable time frame that may extend beyond the first year of publication.
- Brick Cave asks for the right to choose to record the work in a audio book anthology format. Should Brick Cave choose to exercise this right, Brick Cave agrees to provide an additional payment of $50 to the author, and a copy of the work created.
- The author retains the copyright to his or her work.
- Following the completion of the first year of publication, the author is free to submit the work to additional publishing opportunities, provided they are clear about the status of the work to those publications.
- One time payment of $50
- 6 Months Sapphire Dragon BC Book Club Member Membership ($30 value)
Additionally, Authors Receive
- Fictioneers Web Badge
- Listing in the Brick Cave Library
Ready to Submit? Proceed to the Consolidated Brick Cave Submission Form